Why Product Alerts for WooCommerce?
Customers sign up for the option that suits them best, with three types of user requested alerts. Marking products as a “Favorite” allows them to receive notifications when that item goes on sale or stock is almost exhausted.
There are seven Tabs for customization options of Product Alerts for WooCommerce. Following the existing layout of WooCommerce means the settings will feel familiar and easily accessible to all admins on your site.
Settings: Customize the look of available forms with Custom CSS
Favorites: One click allows Admin to disable Alerts individually on each product page. You can also set a large range of Button Options including listing locations, appearance on Shop Pages and Styling of Buttons.
Restocking Alerts: Control Email Subject, Headings, Type and Notification text. Simple options to update Button Text, Successful Registration or Duplication Notices as well as the option to enable Captcha and control where the product alert location.
Registered Emails: Straight forward management of subscribers with a colour coded notification legend.
On Sale Alerts: Admin can enable or disable this alert for individual products, as well as set the Email Subject, Heading and Email type (HTML, Plain Text or Multipart)
Low Stock Alerts: Admin can enable or disable this alert for individual products, as well as set the Email Subject, Heading and Email type (HTML, Plain Text or Multipart) and the Low Stock Quantity
Statistics: Each email includes a unique session key, so that email clicks are tracked. This data powers a clever dashboard for each kind of Alert available: Restocking, Favorite Products, Sale Alerts and Low Stock Alerts.
The statistics can be narrowed down by month, year, and all time, as well as the category such as alert type, clicks in, and purchases as a result of.
- Triggers when Editing
- Variation Support
- Simple Form
- Email Templates
- Registration List
Special Note to Potential Users
This plugin is designed to work with the WooCommerce core plugin. If you are using a third-party plugin to manage your stock, the restocking alerts will NOT be sent. This would require a customized solution that triggers the email based on the functionality of that particular plugin. At this time, this plugin does not have any affiliations with any third-party stock management systems.
Please also ensure that your theme has the following hooks and filters included in its template files. These hooks are used to display content in your shop, but some themes have removed them in favor of their own solution. These hooks are required for this plugin to work: http://www.bolderelements.net/support/knowledgebase/bepa-required-action-hooks-filters/
Version 2.3.5, Released October 27th, 2021
- Fixed: PHP Error when using placeholders in ‘sale alert’ email text
Version 2.3.4, Released October 22nd, 2021
- Fixed: Restocking Alert emails not being sent to correct email address
- Fixed: Only one Restocking Alert email being sent at a time
- Fixed: Problem with Bulk Action form on Registered Emails settings page
Version 2.3.3, Released October 13th, 2021
- Fixed: Improved how text was localized for favorites and restocking popup form
- Fixed: Removed calls to deprecated jQuery function ‘bind’
- Fixed: Issues with translating emails for user selected languages in WPML
- Enhanced: Minor changes for WPML 4.5 compatibility
Version 2.3.2, Released August 18th, 2021
- Fixed: ‘Active’ state text not appearing in shop archive
- Fixed: Guests see disabled favorites button when using the shortcode
- Enhanced: Various code changes to meet CodeCanyon standards and requirements
Version 2.3.1, Released May 26th, 2021
- Fixed: Updated minified CSS files to match master
- Fixed: Added unique icon settings tag to avoid conflict with other themes and plugins
Version 2.3, Released April 10th, 2021
- Added: reCaptcha v3 option for Restocking Alerts form
- Fixed: Syntax error in the installation database queries
- Fixed: Styling issues for popup Restocking Form
- Enhanced: Changed Font Awesome inclusions to prevent conflicts
- Deprecated: Session based form captcha
For a complete list of changes, view the full version log.
All requests for support should be submitted via support ticket on the support site. Any pre-sale questions can be left in the Comments section of this page. Private Messages and emails may be missed or delayed in response time.