The #1 photo gallery on CodeCanyon – 22,000+ customers agree!
Justified Image Grid is a powerful and responsive WordPress gallery plugin, expertly designed to showcase your images in the most beautiful and authentic way. Whether you specialize in capturing magical wedding days, creative designs and innovations, expressive portraits, extraordinary architecture, or a journalistic exploration, your photos tell a unique story and deserve to be presented in their full glory.
Unlike many gallery plugins, Justified Image Grid for WordPress organizes your images into a perfectly balanced horizontal photo grid that draws the eye from left to right, just as you would read a narrative. There is a natural flow to your photographic story, and the images work together as elements of a complete whole. Most importantly, your images retain their original aspect ratio, so they display exactly as you intended.
What’s more, this premium WordPress gallery is fully compatible with your existing sources. You can simply load content from Facebook or Flickr and see it transformed into a stunning gallery display, using jQuery. This versatile gallery plugin also makes it easy to completely remodel your new or existing NextGEN galleries, for a vastly superior display performance. Justified Image Grid works seamlessly with the premium WP Real Media Library plugin to bridge the gap between your albums and your gallery, giving you access to your native media library and effortlessly organizing your collections and folders.
For an even more personal and compelling gallery experience, you can add special effects to your photos, such as desaturation, softening, or black and white. This comprehensive gallery plugin also allows you to integrate a bundle of beautiful free and premium lightbox options into your Justified Image Grid WordPress Gallery, to define how your photos display after a thumbnail click. Mobile friendly and retina ready, Justified Image Grid gives you complete confidence that your gallery will perform flawlessly on any device, orientation or pixel density.
There’s so much more to discover with Justified Image Grid for WordPress – get started today!
Ease of use
Justified Image Grid for WordPress is easy to install and gives you full control over every aspect of your photo gallery – no coding skills required! Simply set the plugin to automatically take over your existing WordPress galleries, or more experienced users can choose to tap into the detailed settings at every level. When combined with WPBakery Page Builder, the bundled add-on makes it possible to live preview any change of your carefully crafted galleries.
Extensive documentation is freely available, to help you get the most out of your download. We also provide personal, genuine and in-depth support, covering technical and compatibility issues, and guarantee a fast response.
Buy with confidence: the author is here to help!
- Summary of all features
- Visual aspects – take full control of your gallery:
- Automatic justified layout – Horizontal grid that leads the eye in the natural reading direction (LTR/RTL).
- Flexible, dynamic row height with incomplete last row handling.
- Limit image count or maximum rows.
- Hidden limit – limit the number of thumbs but see all images in the lightbox.
- Aspect ratio, random width – Redefine the shape of the thumbnails, for more uniform or fuzzy grids.
- Responsive gallery – The gallery adapts to any width for different devices, screens and orientations.
- Mobile specific settings that apply when a mobile device is detected.
- Retina ready – Thumbnails are served to match the screen capabilities of your device. Supports resolutions much higher than retina.
- Special effects – Such as de-saturate, blur / soften, sepia, glow – on the fly.
- Well-customizable – Overlay, border, shadow, icon on the thumbnails.
- Thumbnail captions – Sliding and fading animation, polaroid look, translucent/gradient or blurry background, vertical centering and more!
- Behavior – gallery extras:
- Custom links – Open a specific page or video.
- Video gallery support – YouTube, Vimeo, self-hosted.
- Filtering – Narrow the gallery by tags, categories, custom taxonomies.
- Load more – Speed up gallery loading, and expand it with a click.
- Infinite scroll – Scroll to load more content to the gallery.
- CDN compatibility – Your key to lightning-fast galleries.
- Custom presets – Create and re-use a unique combination of settings.
- Right click protection against theft on thumbnails and in the lightboxes.
- Download link with browser pop-up to save the image.
- Use multiple instances on the same page.
- Conditional script loading – plugin files will only load when needed, not affecting other pages.
- Unconditional script loading with AJAX theme support.
- Hundreds of settings with contextual help.
- Shortcode Editor to style each gallery individually – and create template tags
- Built-in WPBakery Page Builder addon, including live preview during frontend editing.
- Built-in presets to apply looks out of the box.
- Content sources – various sites and plugins you may already use:
- WordPress (can take over existing galleries)
- NextGEN Gallery (can take over existing galleries)
- Real Media Library (can take over existing galleries)
- RSS feeds
- Breadcrumbs for sources that support album-gallery relationships.
- Lightboxes – bundled or mutually compatible:
- WPML and translation ready. It covers admin areas and applicable settings.
- Includes Spanish translation.
- Adds images to XML Sitemap with WordPress SEO plugin by Joost de Valk.
- Animated GIF and transparent PNG support.
- Display gallery or the lightbox for members only (optional).
Videos – make sure you watch them in 1080p!
- Extended license doesn’t cover multiple uses! You need to purchase a regular or an extended license for every site. You can’t resell the plugin as part of a stock theme; the extended license does not allow you to do that.
- The photos (Shutterstock) and WordPress theme (Avada) seen on the preview site are not included in the download.
- This is not the vertical Pinterest style – read about what is masonry.
Updates / Changelog
v4.2.1 – February 4, 2022 – Hotfix for never loading grid editing interface
- Due to the jQuery change, the grids interface was stuck in a perpetual loading state
v4.2 – February 4, 2022 – Elementor and Gutenberg blocks, auto takeover fixed, Flickr album overview, WebP support
- Compatibility with Elementor and Gutenberg (WP 5.3+). New blocks to pick your grids (instead of working with shortcodes).
- Added WebP support courtesy of a fellow customer, mbariola. It will not yet make all of your thumbnails WebP, but if your original uploaded images are in this format, the thumbnails created by JIG will be WebP as well. Previously they didn’t even make it into your grids.
- Flickr album overview: show all albums in your account without putting them in a collection.
- Facebook instructions updated to reflect current state of the onboarding flow, as compatibility got re-checked.
- CSS classes on the JIG container are more meaningful and now filterable via ‘jig_container_classes’.
- Noscript output updated to include effects of the ‘jig_images’ filter, along with caption changes to better reflect the JS version (to improve what search engines see of JIG).
- In RML folders/collections, when an image is used to link to the virtual page (entering a folder or a gallery), only the folder title and item count are relevant. Captions from the original image are not relevant in this context, therefore these are removed from the source/noscript to not mess with search.
- Testing the lightbox in the Shortcode Editor (opened from 1-row or other small grids) is nicer due to utilizing max available preview height.
- Auto takeover of galleries created via Gutenberg is back, recently WP 5.9 broke it with the gallery block rewrite. The takeover functionality’s backwards compatibility is ensured for WP 5.0-5.8 as well.
- Tweet button in prettyPhoto increased width from 61 to 73 px.
- The ‘Copied’ tooltip was missing from individual Grid edit screens when clicking the shortcode for copying at the top.
- Jetpack Carousel compatibility fixed including its SEO aspects.
- Invisible ‘Add Images’ button text in the Shortcode Editor when used in the classic editor (WP 4.9).
- Potential division by zero especially for “Gone” Facebook content. For example, if you had a gone video, the API could still return it although with a 0-size image, resulting in your Video album not showing anything.
- Facebook API to v12.0
- MobileDetect to 2.8.37
- jQuery to v3.6.0, jQuery Migrate to v3.3.2
v4.1.1 – April 2, 2021 – Thumbnail improvements, Grids interface ease of use, checking invalid Grids, PHP messages
v4.1 – December 20, 2020 – Developer hooks for media library and recent posts, recent galleries for NextGEN, major fixes for RSS, YouTube, Vimeo. WP 5.6 friendly.
v4 – August 20, 2020 – Big news. Central grid creation area with preview. Visually pick Media Library content instead of just IDs. New Filtering options (RML gallery, Author name, A-Z, Exclude terms). 25 default limit increased to 100. PhotoSwipe sharing menu fix. Faster admin area. New menu in the dashboard. Removed Google+, Instagram, Social Gallery.
v3.9.7 – May 26, 2020 – Facebook Pages fix
v3.9.6 – May 16, 2020 – Facebook API update, RML improvements & fixes, WP/LR via RML, use WP thumbnails
v3.9.5 – July 12, 2019 – PhotoSwipe touch, YouTube re-fix
v3.9.4 – July 11, 2019 – YouTube source restored
v3.9.3 – January 24, 2019 – Facebook API changes regarding Pages
v3.9.2 – December 7, 2018 – Compatibility improvements with Gutenberg and NextGEN
v3.9.1 – September 17, 2018 – Facebook pages fix
v3.9 – May 27, 2018 – Facebook API v3 – use your profile and pages again, RML v4
v3.8.1 – April 9, 2018 – Facebook API update
v3.7 – September 2, 2017 – Important fixes for YouTube, 500px, FooBox
v3.6 – June 11, 2017 – PhotoSwipe IOS 10.3 update, other smaller fixes.
v3.5 – February 14, 2017 – Twitter summary card, PhotoSwipe zoom setting, Social sharing improved, RML v2.8.3 compatibility, Jetpack Photon and Facebook fixes.
v3.4.2 – January 23, 2017 – Hotfix for RML description and cover image, NextGEN search.
v3.4.1 – January 11, 2017 – Hotfix for PHP errors, PHP 5.3 or newer is now required.
v3.4 – January 11, 2017 – RML v2.8 compatibility, some Instagram-related changes, better sitemap.
v3.3 – November 2, 2016 – Real Media Library and NextGEN compatibility refreshed, 0-byte download problem fixed, many improvements and fixes.
v3.2 – July 11, 2016 – Visual Composer element with live preview, light skin for PhotoSwipe, jQuery v3, RML dropdown fix, many more improvements and fixes.
v3.1.1 – May 13, 2016 – Hotfix for Spanish sites.
v3.1 – May 12, 2016 – RML image order, cover photo, description, foreign characters compatibility. YouTube and DeviantArt RSS fix. Many more improvements and fixes.
v3.0.2 – April 2, 2016 – Fixes regarding the Shortcode Editor, old NextGEN, RML, IE browser.
v3.0.1 – March 18, 2016 – Shortcode Editor hotfix.
v3 – March 11, 2016 – WP Real Media Library compatibility, Media Library Assistant auto take-over, SVG support, initially load, many improvements and fixes.
v2.9 – October 31, 2015 – Spanish translation, disable cropping on mobiles, general improvements for PrettyPhoto, Pinterest and NextGEN.
v2.8.2 – August 23, 2015 – Important security update, solution to Facebook problems, no double images in RSS feeds, small prettyPhoto fixes.
v2.8.1 – August 10, 2015 – Fix for TimThumb on older PHP versions, prettyPhoto facelift, improved IE compatibility.
v2.8 – August 2, 2015 – Thumbnails can no longer exceed screen height, title is no longer outside the frame in prettyPhoto, fix for Firefox 40+, and other improvements and fixes.
v2.7 – June 11, 2015 – Fixed Tweet button, process shortcodes in captions, prettyPhoto align and expand button fix, many other improvements and fixes.
v2.6 – May 10, 2015 – Many PhotoSwipe 4 related additions, better YouTube and Vimeo, Facebook cover picture icons get refreshed, general fixes.
v2.5 – April 23, 2015 – YouTube playlist, no longer using YouTube API v2 for their RSS feeds, instant preview picture in Facebook share with Smart Deeplinking, correct RSS feed order, latest PhotoSwipe, many improvements and fixes, also involving security.
v2.4 – December 19, 2014 – New PhotoSwipe 4 with Smart Deeplinking (social sharing for mobiles), better sharing, improved Facebook source performance
v2.3.1 – November 17, 2014 – Infinite scroll offset, comments for recent posts, better Facebook. Also improvements, fixes.
v2.3 – October 11, 2014 – Improvements and bugfixes
v2.2.2 – August 30, 2014 – Minor update
v2.2.1 – August 29, 2014 – Hotfix
v2.1 – Aug 12, 2014 – Facebook API v2, Magnific Popup, NextGEN search, many improvements and fixes. Important! If you use photos from Facebook Pages, without an App, create a Facebook App before updating for an uninterrupted experience.
v2.0.4 – May 16, 2014 – SEO, quick improvements
v2.0.3 – May 14, 2014 – Hotfix
v2.0.2 – May 12, 2014 – Flickr SSL, better translatability, show images by any taxonomy, cosmetic fixes regarding Retina Ready and special effects, better (video) sharing from prettyPhoto, numerous improvements and bugfixes
v2.0.1 – March 31, 2014 – Hotfix, FooBox related bugfix
v2 – March 27, 2014 – Custom presets, preset authority, video player, exclude Facebook albums, many improvements and bugfixes
v1.9 – February 22, 2014 – Automatic updates, better tabs support, AJAX, more flexible borders, major improvements to Facebook overview and prettyPhoto Pinterest pin button
v1.8 – December 20, 2013 – Christmas update – Flickr collections, Multiple Facebook albums, new Recent posts features, individual prettyPhoto social tools, WP3.8 compatibility and much more
v1.7.2 – November 12, 2013 – Flickr search, Facebook friends, improvements, bugfixes regarding NextGEN, filtering, compatibility, 3rd party script updates
v1.7.1 – October 3, 2013 – Hotfix update
v1.7 – October 1, 2013 – Retina ready (native HDPI display support), vastly improved Filtering, theme and prettyPhoto compatibility (problems that were most often surfacing as “social tools are not visible”)
v1.6.2 – August 26, 2013 – Bugfixes, maintaining NG2 compatibility
v1.6.1 – August 26, 2013 – Hotfix and a new small setting
v1.6 – August 26, 2013 – RSS Feeds (any image source), NextGEN 2 compatibility, larger Facebook images, animated gifs, settings import/export and uninstall, custom taxonomy filter for Recent posts
v1.5.1 – June 3, 2013 – Hotfix update that affects Filtering, Aspect Ratio and Facebook overview
v1.5 – June 1, 2013 – The biggest update yet! – Instagram, Filtering, Facebook overview, Fixed aspect ratio, Randomize width, Individual Facebook like with prettyPhoto advanced deeplinking, better SEO, Admin interface improvements, and much more…
v1.4.9 – May 1, 2013 – Vertical caption centering, infinite scroll, Jetpack Carousel…
v1.4.8 – April 4, 2013 – New shortcode options, more bugfixes, some improvements
v1.4.7 – March 21, 2013 – Important bugfixes
v1.4.6 – March 18, 2013 – Jetpack Photon compatibility, NG+WPML, CDN support, better SEO, bugfixes
v1.4.5 – February 12, 2013 – User suggested new features, NextGEN core changes, browser and jQuery compatibility bugfixes for the shortcode editor, mobile experience improvements
v1.4.4 – January 18, 2013 – Minor update
v1.4.3 – January 15, 2013 – Minor update regarding NextGEN (when soft disabled temporarily)
v1.4.2 – December 28, 2012 – Minor update
v1.4.1 – December 18, 2012 – Minor update
v1.4 – December 17, 2012
v1.3 – September 26, 2012
v1.2 – August 6, 2012
v1.1 – July 6, 2012
v1.0 – July 1, 2012 – Initial CodeCanyon Release
See the complete changelog on the plugin’s website.